Once you have a business process import package, you can import it into the Lifecycle Services so that you can use it as a template within your projects.
NOTE: This is part of the Creating Lifecycle Services Business Process Models with the Task Recorder blueprint series where we show how to use the Task Recorder feature within Dynamics AX to create template business process models within Lifecycle Services. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To import in a Task Recorder Framework package as Business Process, follow these steps:
- Log into Lifecycle Services, and click on the Business process modeler tile.
- When the projects Business Process Library is displayed, click on the Upload link within the My Projects tile.
- Give your business process template a Name and then click on the Upload button.
- When the file explorer is displayed, navigate to the export package that the Task Recorder created and select it by clicking on the Open button.
- After a few minutes, the website will upload the package, and you will see that the package has a Status
of In queue.
- After a few minutes the Lifecycle Services will process the package, and the status will change to Success.
- Now when you return back to the Business process library you will be able to see a new business process model has been added to the project.
How it Works…
If you open up the business process then you will see the same structure that you have built within the Task Recorder. You can drill into the levels and see all of the sub items and activities.
Note: the level names will be the names that you configured within the Hierarchy levels within the task recorder.
Also if you have some task recordings, the you will see a small flowchart icon to the right of the business process level.
If you click on the flowchart icon within the process model, it will open up a visual diagram of the task that you recorded. On the right you will see the narrative of the process, and also a thumbnail of a video that was recorded of the task as it was recorded.
Expanding out the video will show you the business process in action.
If you right-mouse-click on the workspace of the form, then a menu will beat the bottom of the page. If you click on the Export menu button it will export the business process Visio.
Now you have a Visio document showing the processes that you recorded during the task recording.