Creating Periodic Service Intervals
If you have service orders that repeat on a regular basis, then you can configure Service Intervals and then assign them to lines on your Service Agreements and then have the Service Management area automatically generate the Service Order jobs for you.
NOTE: This is part of the Configuring Service Management to track Service Orders blueprint series where we show how to configure Service Management to track service order details. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To define Service Intervals and adding them to Service Agreement lines, follow these steps:
- From the Service management area page, select the Service intervals menu item from within the Service agreements folder of the Setup group.
- When the Service intervals dialog box is displayed, you can create new intervals by clicking on the New button in the menu bar.
- Give your Service Interval a code and description, and from the Range dropdown, select the general time frame that you want to manage the interval in.
- Then within the Frequency field select the number of Ranges that you want to space the interval.
- Repeat the process for all of the different intervals that you can think of.
How it works…
To use the Service Interval open up your Service Agreement and add a new line. Within the Service Interval field, select the frequency that you want to perform the service order task.
And then specify the start date for the task so that the frequency has a beginning.