Creating a Production Flow Model
Finally, we need to create a new Production Flow Model for our example. This will define the default options for our Production Flows and will be used by Dynamics AX to define how the Production Flows are planned.
NOTE: This is part of the Configuring Lean Manufacturing blueprint series where we show how to configure production processes using the Lean Manufacturing functionality that is built into Dynamics AX 2012.. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To create a new Production Flow Model, follow these steps:
- From the Production Control area page, select the Production flow models menu item from the Lean Manufacturing folder of the Setup group.
- When the Production flow maintenance form is displayed, click on the New button in the menu bar to create a new record.
- Enter a name into the Production flow model field.
- In the Model type field, select the Throughput option.
- Within the Kanban schedule group, select the option that you want to use in the Cpacity shortage reaction field. In this example we chose Postpone.
- Within the Planning period type select the time interval for planning. In this example we will plan daily.
- Then specify the Planning time fence value.
- Finally, set the EPE Cycle in days to 1.
- Once you have set up the Production flow model click the Close button to exit out of the form.