Creating a Production Flow
Now we will need to set up a new Production Flow for our Lean Manufacturing process. The Production Flows are the Lean equivalent of a production route, and will allow you to group lean activities together.
NOTE: This is part of the Configuring Lean Manufacturing blueprint series where we show how to configure production processes using the Lean Manufacturing functionality that is built into Dynamics AX 2012.. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To create a new Production Flow, follow these steps:
- From the Production control area page, select the Production flows menu item from the Lean Manufacturing folder of the Setup group.
- When the Production flow form appears, click on the New button in the menu bar to create a new record.
- Enter a name for the Production Flow into the Name field, and a short description into the Description field.
- Then enter assign the Value stream and the Production group that we created in the earlier steps to the Production flow.
- Open up the Versions tab, and click on the Add button to create a new version record.
- When the dialog box appears, enter a value into the Effective date field, and then click the OK button.
- Now you will have a version record for the Production flow. You will not be able to activate it just yet though, because you need to assign activities to the Production Flow.