Once the new vendor request has been submitted, the workflow that you configured for the Vendor add justification will start notifying the necessary people that there are requests that need to be approved.
NOTE: This is part of the Configuring and Using Vendor Requests blueprint series where we show how to manage the vendor on-boarding process through Dynamics AX and the web portals. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To approve vendor requests through the Vendor add justification process, follow these steps:
- Once a new vendor request has been submitted, if the user is involved in the approval process then they will receive notifications through all of the channels that you have associated with the workflow, including the notification list and also the pop-up notifications through the tool bar.
- To sell all of the new vendor requests, click on the Vendor Requests menu item within the Vendor requests folder of the Common group of the Procurement and sourcing area page.
- As new vendor requests are entered by the users, they will show up here in the Vendor requests form. Click on the new vendor request that you just entered.
- You are able to update any of the information associated with the New Vendor Request, and you can approve it just by clicking on the Actions button in the workflow toolbar, and selecting the Approve option.
- If you want to add any comments to accompany your approval, then you can add them in the Comments dialog box before you click on the Approve button.
Note: If you want to track the progress of the workflow and any other comments associated with it, then you can always click on the Actions button in the workflow toolbar and select the View history option. This will allow you to track all of the steps that have occurred while processing this particular workflow instance.
If you click the Close button, you will be returned to the Vendor requests list page, and you will see that the status of the vendor has now been changed to Vendor Invited
which means that they are now progressing through into the vendor setup stage.