Configuring the Vendor Justification Workflow
Before we start the first step in the process we need to create a simple workflow for the approval of the initial new vendor request. This will allow the purchasing department to quickly weed out the requests that shouldn’t be considered in the first place.
NOTE: This is part of the Configuring and Using Vendor Requests blueprint series where we show how to manage the vendor on-boarding process through Dynamics AX and the web portals. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To configure the Vendor add justification workflow, follow these steps:
- From the Setup group on the Procurement and sourcing area page, click on the Procurement and sourcing workflows menu item.
- If you do not already have a Vendor add justification workflow defined, click on the New button in the New group of the Workflow ribbon bar.
- When the procurement workflow template selection dialog box is displayed, select the Vendor add justification workflow template and click the Create workflow button to create the workflow shell.
- When you return to the Procurement and sourcing workflows form, double-click on the Vendor add justification workflow workflow to open up the designer.
- When the workflow designer is displayed, create a simple flow that just has the Approve new vendor justification step and then click on the Save and close button to save and activate the workflow.
This website was… how ɗo you say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve
foսnd something thatt helpeԁ me. Many thanks!
I am genuinely grateful to the holder of this web page who has shared this fantastic article at at this time.
Livres, thanks so much for the kind words – I’m so glad that you liked my blog – you may also want to check out my other blogs – atinkerersnotebook.com, and dynamicsaxtipoftheday.com