Create a Menu Item for the Product Management Workflows
In this scenario, there is no menu item on the Product information management area page that allows you to maintain workflows, so we will start by creating a menu item for the product workflows which we will then add to the menu in the next step.
NOTE: This is part of the Developing a Product Approval Workflow in Dynamics AX 2012 blog series where we show how to develop a completely new workflow to manage the new product approval process. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To create a new menu item for the workflow editor that we can use on the Product information management area page, follow these steps:
- From within the workflow development project, right-mouse-click on the parent folder, and from the New menu, select Menu Item and then Display to create a new display menu item.
- Change the Name of the menu item to WorkflowConfigurationProducts and change the Label to be Product information management workflows.
- Change the Object property to WorkflowTableListPage to link the menu item to the workflow list page.
- Then change the EnumTypeParameter to ModuleAxapta and the EnumParameter to Inventory.
- Once you have done that, save the project to commit the changes, and also to make sure that there weren’t any errors in the updates.