Now that we have the status field on the table that we are going to trigger the workflow from, we can add it to the Released Products form so that we will be able to see the statuses of all of the product approvals. The easiest way to do this is by personalizing the form.
NOTE: This is part of the Developing a Product Approval Workflow in Dynamics AX 2012 blog series where we show how to develop a completely new workflow to manage the new product approval process. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To add the Approval Status field to the Released Products form, follow these steps:
- From the Product Information Management area page, open up the Released Products form from within the Common group.
- Right-mouse-click on the field headings of the grid form, and select the Personalize option.
- Then the Personalization dialog is displayed, click on the Add Fields button underneath the Layout pane.
- This will show you a list of all the fields that are associated with the form. Expand out the InventTable table group, and you will be able to find the Product Approval Status field that you just added. Select the field, click on the Add button, and then close the form.
- Now you should see the new field in the ListPageGrid group, and you can close the Personalization dialog.
How it Works…
Now the Approval Status will show in the list page.