Calculation groups are used to define how costs are calculated for individual products and also how costs are modeled based on other price and cost elements within Dynamics AX.
In this example we will show how to create a cost calculation group that will use the default purchase price as the basis.
NOTE: This is part of the Configuring Costing and Cost Sheets in Dynamics AX 2012 blueprint series where we show how to configure costing within Dynamics AX, and also how to set up a costing sheet to better view and analyze the costs. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To create a Calculation Group, follow these steps:
- Open the Calculation groups menu item from the Costing folder in the Setup group of the Inventory and warehouse management area page.
- When the Calculation groups maintenance form opens, click on the New button on the menu bar.
- Enter a code in the Calculation group field and a description in the Name field.
- From the Cost price model dropdown, select the Item purchase price option to use the default purchase price when calculating default costs.
- When you have finished, click on the Close button to exit the form.
How it Works…
Now open up your Released product details and within the Engineer group you can select your new Calculation Group.