Once you have defined your Service Tasks you can start assigning them to your Service Agreement and Service Order lines.
NOTE: This is part of the Configuring Service Management to track Service Orders blueprint series where we show how to configure Service Management to track service order details. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To associate a Service Task to a Service Agreement line, follow these steps:
- The first step is to associate a Service Task with your Service Agreement. To do this, open up your Service Agreement and then click on the Service tasks button within the Relations group of the Service Agreement ribbon bar.
- Then the Service tasks maintenance form is displayed, click on the New button in the menu bar.
- From the Service task dropdown box, select the Service tasks that you configured in the previous step.
- If you switch to the Description tab, you can also include internal and external comments and notes for the tasks.
- You can continue adding Service tasks to the Service Agreement.
- When you are done, click on the Close button to exit the form.
How it works…
Now you will be able to associate the Service task with any of the lines on your Service Agreement and get better reporting.
Note: If you add multiple lines to your Service Agreement then you can start differentiating the tasks that are being performed.