Once you have a Service Agreement you can start creating Service Orders and posting time and material against them.
NOTE: This is part of the Configuring Service Management to track Service Orders blueprint series where we show how to configure Service Management to track service order details. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To create a Service Order, follow these steps:
- From the Service Management area page, select the Service orders menu item from within the Service orders folder of the Common group.
- When the Service Orders list page opens up, click on the Service order button within the New group of the Service order ribbon bar.
- Enter a description of the Service Order into the Description field.
- Within the Reference group select your Service Agreement that you set up in the previous step.
- This will default in the Customer account, and the Project ID for you.
- Alternatively, you can select the Customer account from the dropdown, and then select the Service agreement from the filtered list.