Once you have posted the transactions to your Service Agreement Project you can use the Invoice Proposal function to automatically generate the invoice transactions for the customer so that they can be processed by the receivables department.
NOTE: This is part of the Configuring Service Management to track Service Orders blueprint series where we show how to configure Service Management to track service order details. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To generate and post an Invoice Proposal, follow these steps:
- From the Project management and accounting area page, select the Posted project transactions menu item from within the Transactions folder of the Common group.
- This will show you a list of all the transactions posted through the Projects.
- From the New group of the Project transactions ribbon bar, click on the Invoice proposal button.
- When the Create invoice proposal dialog appears, it will show all of the uninvoiced transactions. To create the invoice proposals, just click on the OK button.
- You will now be taken to the Invoice proposal that was created from the transactions. To convert the Invoice proposal into an AR Invoice click on the Post button within the Functions group of the Invoice proposal ribbon bar.
- If you want to Print the Invoice, then you can check the option on the Posting dialog box. When you are ready to post, click the OK button.
How it works…
The Invoice Posting process will show you the invoice that is generated. You can automatically email this to your customer as well through the print management function.
If you look within the Receivables area, you will also see the invoice transaction has now been added to the customer account.