Once you have entered time and materials against a Service Order you can approve the lines by signing off on them, and also post the lines to the project allowing them to be tracked and also invoiced.
NOTE: This is part of the Configuring Service Management to track Service Orders blueprint series where we show how to configure Service Management to track service order details. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To sign off on Service Order lines, and then post them against the project, follow these steps:
- Select any of the lines that you want to approve for posting, and expand the Line details tab so that you can see the General subtab.
- To approve the line, just check the Sign off check box.
- Once the line has been approved, you will be able to select the Post service order line option from the Postings drop down menu within the Lines group.
- When the Post service orders dialog box is displayed, select a to and from date that you want to capture the time and materials from, and also check the transactions that you want to include in the postings.
- When you are ready to post the lines, click on the OK button.
- If there are unposted transactions, then you will receive an Infolog that tells you that they have been posted to a journal.
How it works…
Once your transactions have been posted, you can view them against the projects that are associated with the Service Agreement.
From the Project management and accounting area page, select the All projects menu item from within the Projects folder of the Common group.
Select the project that is associated with your Service Agreement.
From the Manage ribbon bar, click on the Posted transactions menu item within the Related information group.
This will show you all of the transactions that have been transferred from the Service Order over to the Project.
Drilling into the record will show you more information about the line item.