The first step in creating a Product Configuration is to create a Product Master that is enabled for Constraint Based configuration.
NOTE: This is part of the Building Dynamic Products with the Product Configurator blueprint series where we show how to configure product configuration models within Dynamics AX, and use them to create dynamics BOM’s and Routes based on the configurations. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To create a constraint based product master, follow these steps:
- Open the Released
Products form from the Common group within the Product information management area page.
- Click on the Product button in the New group on the Product ribbon bar.
- In the New Released product quick creation form, change the Product subtype field to Product master.
- Give your product master a Product number, Product name, and also a Search name.
- In order to the product to have product variants based on the configurations, we need to select the Config
dimension group from the Product dimension group field.
- From the Configuration technology, select the Constraint-based configuration
value from the drop down list.
- After filling in all of the other configurations that you want for the product, click on the OK button to complete the setup.