Configuring Workers for Retail
Once you have your Store configured, you will want to assign workers to them so that they will be able allowed to use the POS Registers. This is done by adding them to the stores address book, and also configuring their default Retail options.
NOTE: This is part of the Setting Up A Retail Store With POS blueprint series where we show how to configure the retail module within Dynamics AX, and then deploy out the Point Of Sale registers for capturing sales. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To configure your retail workers, follow these steps:
- To access the Worker details, open up the Workers menu item from the Workers folder of the Common group on the Human resources Area page.
- From the worker list, find the one that you want to assign to your store address book, and click the Edit button from the Maintain group of the Worker ribbon bar.
- This will open up the Worker maintenance form. In the Other information group of the Worker summary section, select the Address book field, and from the multi-selection box, select the Address Books that you want to add the worker to. The worker may belong to multiple address books, but in order to use the POS systems in the Store make sure that on of them is the stores address book.
- While we are in the Worker record, we might as well configure some of the other default retail options for them. To do this click on the Retail group on the left hand side of the Employee record.
- If you want the user to have their own screen layout or default retail employment type, then you can set that up here. You can also assign the user their own POS password for authentication
- Just to check that the user is correctly configured, select the Stores link at the bottom of the Retail options to open up the list of valid Stores for the user. You should see your new store that you assigned to them in the list.
- Once you have done that, your employee record is configured.