Before we start defining the groups and elements for our business process frameworks, we need to define the different process level. To do this we will create Hierarchy Levels within the task recorder.
NOTE: This is part of the Creating Lifecycle Services Business Process Models with the Task Recorder blueprint series where we show how to use the Task Recorder feature within Dynamics AX to create template business process models within Lifecycle Services. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To define your business process hierarchies, follow these steps:
- Open up the Task Recorder, and click on the Hierarchy levels menu within the Setup group of the Setup ribbon bar.
- When the Hierarchy levels dialog box is displayed, select the Framework that you want to update from the dropdown list.
- To create a new Hierarchy level click on the New item within the menu bar.
- Set the name within the Hierarchy level field, and also the Sequence level.
- Repeat the process to add in all of the levels that you will be using in your business processes.
- After you have defined the Hierarchy levels, change the Recording Mode radio button option to Advances. This will enable the exporting options that we will be using later on in this process.
- Finally, if you want to be able to attach documents (a.k.a. artifacts) against your business process levels, then mark the levels by checking the Allow artifacts check boxes.
- When you have finished, just click the Close button to exit out of the form.