Once you have defined your Service Objects you can start assigning them to your Service Agreements and Service Orders.
NOTE: This is part of the Configuring Service Management to track Service Orders blueprint series where we show how to configure Service Management to track service order details. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To associate a Service Object to a Service Agreement, follow these steps:
- The first step is to associate a Service Object with your Service Agreement. To do this, open up your Service Agreement and then click on the Service object button within the Relations group of the Service Agreement ribbon bar.
- Then the Service objects maintenance form is displayed, click on the New button in the menu bar.
- From the Service Object dropdown box, select the Service Object that you configured in the previous step.
- You can continue adding Service Objects to the Service Agreement.
- When you are done, click on the Close button to exit the form.
How it works…
Now you will be able to associate the Service Object with any of the lines on your Service Agreement and get better reporting.