After creating a Store there is a small housekeeping step that needs to be performed. And that is to add the Store to the Organizational Hierarchies. Later on we will use this as we are defining the Product Assortments to assign valid sellable products to stores.
NOTE: This is part of the Setting Up A Retail Store With POS blueprint series where we show how to configure the retail module within Dynamics AX, and then deploy out the Point Of Sale registers for capturing sales. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To add a store to a retail channel, follow these steps:
- Access the Organizational Hierarchy details, open up the Organizational hierarchies menu item from the Organization folder of the Setup group on the Organization administration Area page.
- From the Organization hierarchies form you will be able o see the retail hierarchies that are defined. For each of these we will probably want to add our new Store. To do this, select the hierarchy that you want to maintain, and click on the View button in the menu bar.
- This will open up a hierarchical view explorer. To edit the hierarchy click on the Edit button from the Maintain group of the View hierarchy ribbon bar. This will swap you into edit mode.
- If you don not currently have your Business Unit in the hierarchy then you can right-click on the parent node and select the Business Unit option from the Insert menu item.
- This will allow you to browse through the un0used business units and add them to the hierarchy.
- To add your new Store to the Retail hierarchy, right mouse click on the Business Unit that you want to add it to and select the Retail channel option from the Insert menu group.
- From here you will be able to see all of the Stores that are not currently in your hierarchy – including your new store, and you can select it and click OK to add it.
- To activate the hierarchy, select the Publish and close menu button from the Maintain group on the Maintain hierarchy ribbon bar, specify an activation date for the hierarchy, and then click Publish.
- Repeat this process for any other Retail Hierarchies that you may have within your system.
How It Works…
Now you will be able to browse through the hierarchy and see your Store.