Creating POS Terminals
Once you have all of the Stores, Workers, Products, and Assortments configured, the only thing that is stopping you from taking orders is that you don’t have any POS Registers configured.
NOTE: This is part of the Setting Up A Retail Store With POS blueprint series where we show how to configure the retail module within Dynamics AX, and then deploy out the Point Of Sale registers for capturing sales. If you want to see all of the other posts in this series, click here.
How to do it…
To create a Point of Sale terminal, follow these steps:
- Click on the POS registers menu item in the POS/Profiles group in the Setup section of the Retail Area page.
- This will open up a list of all the POS Registers that you have defined in your system. To create a new register, click on the Register button in the New group of the Register ribbon bar.
- This will open up a record for your new Register. If you are not currently in edit mode, then click on the Edit button in the Maintain group of the Register ribbon bar.
- Give your new register a Register Number, Name, and also a Reference, which will be your store. Just as with the Store and Warehouse, we are making things easier to track in these examples by using the city name as the main reference for the Register.
- Other fields that you may want to configure include the Hardware and Visual Profiles for the Register.
If you want to have a custom screen layout for the register, and override the one that is defined at the Store level, then in the Display section of the record, you can assign a specific one in the Screen layout ID field.
Tip: If you already have some registers configured, then you can copy their configurations through the Copy all function in the Copy group of the Registers menu bar.
- After you have finished, you can click the Close button to save your register configuration.